What an interesting weekend it was:
- Thursday, 10:00 P.M. – David not feeling well. Jenni entertains thoughts of him getting to stay home with her on Friday because of being a little sick.
- Friday, 12:00 A.M. – David not feeling well, and not sleeping. Jenni sleeping.
- 4:00 A.M. – Jenni awakes to David vomiting. Jenni cleans bathroom, and emails David’s boss. Not much sleep.
- 8:00 A.M. – Workers noisily tear the back porch off our apartment for later reconstructing.
- 12:00 P.M. – Jenni gets up, and David moves to couch. Jenni is sorry for wishing David to be sick. Calls nurse.
- 2:00 P.M. – Go to Immediate Care Clinic. David get’s fluid put back in his body through IV.
- 5:30 P.M. – Leave doctor’s. Get 7up, Jello, other groceries, and movies.
- 7:00 P.M. – Get David back onto the couch. Watch The Emperor’s New Groove. Doctor calls. David may be sick for 1 to 2 weeks. Need to go to doctor on Monday.
- Saturday, 2:00 A.M. – David not doing well. Calling nurse to see if need a trip to ER.
- 12:00 P.M. – Get out of bed. Watch Fun With Dick And Jane. Laugh. David goes back to bed. Jenni goes to Costco, Fred Meyer, does laundry, disinfects kitchen and bathroom, cooks.
- 7:00 P.M. – Watch Rocky. David goes back to bed.
- Sunday, 11:00 A.M. – Uh oh. Now Jenni’s sick.
- Monday – Doctor too busy to see us. Watch more movies.
- Tuesday, 11:00 A.M. – David takes Jenni to Immediate Care for IV fluids. Same receptionist shakes her head when she sees us again.
- Wednesday – See doctor.
Well, the weekend has turned into a week. The bug we got will go away by itself eventually, and David is feeling well enough to go back to work now. While I’m not too happy about the discomfort of being sick, it has led me to a new doctor (covered by my insurance!) who seems genuinely interested in my case, and may be able to help me with my overall mysterious ailments. I was tempted to be afraid to hope. I still feel a whole mixture of emotions, yet I realize fear paralizes, and hope is what keeps things moving. So I press on; thankful the Lord is carrying me when I’m weak, thankful for my wonderful husband who loves me through it all, and so grateful for my family and friends who pray for me and encourage me. I love you all.